Norman’s Dairy is Celebrating Shavuos with Miriam Pascal of Overtimecook.com
What do you get when you cross chocolate, strawberry, and Greek yogurt? You get rich, creamy goodness in the form of Strawberry Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bundt Cake! Norman’s Dairy, a leader in the chalav Yisrael dairy industry, is preparing ‘For a Really Good & Creamy Shavuos’ by partnering with well-known food blogger and cookbook author, Miriam Pascal of overtimecook.com. Miriam whipped up a delicious cake recipe featuring Norman’s Creamy Blends Summer Strawberry yogurt that will be featured on her blog, as well as in many Jewish publications, online, and on social media. In addition, Miriam hosted a live cooking demo on May 22nd on her Facebook page where thousands of viewers watched her demoing the cake and other delicious delicacies using Norman’s products.
“There are so many talented kosher culinary personalities online and on social media, and they are a great medium through which we can reach our consumers,” explained a Norman’s spokesman. “A while back, Miriam hosted a live cooking demo for us on Facebook and the response was overwhelmingly positive. With the kosher foodie world exploding, live demos are a great way to illustrate the versatility of our products and show our fans exactly how to use them.”
Norman’s award-winning yogurt lines including Greek Original, Light, Creamy Blends, Pro+ , Kids, and Stackers, as well as Kiddies, Low-Fat, 80 Lite, and Poppers. There’s something for every age and palate, with an extensive range of delectable flavors to choose from. Most recently Norman’s introduced their first non-dairy product, Vegan Margarine. It has been met with rave reviews for it taste, versatility, and lack of trans fat. For the latest on Norman’s products, news, and recipes check out http://www.normansdairy.com.
Strawberry Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bundt Cake
Recipe and photo by Miriam Pascal
Dairy | Yields 1 bundt cake
Norman’s Greek Yogurt is a great way to add a rich texture and creamy flavor to your baked goods. In this cake, Norman’s Creamy Blends Summer Strawberry yogurt adds a fruity flavor to this rich chocolate cake.
½ cup oil
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 containers (5.3 ounces) Norman’s Greek Creamy Blends Summer Strawberry Yogurt
½ cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
½ cup strawberry jam
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons strawberry jam
2-3 Tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a standard bundt pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil, sugar and eggs until combined and creamy.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined. Add yogurt and beat until creamy.
- Turn mixer speed to low. Add cocoa powder and flour. Beat until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan. Spread jam over the batter, then pour the remaining batter over it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare the glaze: add all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Drizzle over completely cooled cake.
Plan ahead: This cake freezes well in an airtight container or bag.
Note: To make the jam easier to spread, run warm water over it for a few minutes before using.